The growth of beard is affected by various factors. While some men are blessed with a thick and full beard, some may have very little hair on their face. If you fall under the second category and wish to provide a macho look to your face, then beard hair transplant is the best solution.
What is beard hair transplant?
Beard hair transplant is transplanting the hair from other parts of your body to your face, to trigger the growth of new hair. The main advantage of beard hair transplant is that since your own hair follicles are used for the procedure, it provides a more natural feel. Thus, you do not have to worry about any foreign or artificial substance in your body.
The growth of beard is affected by various factors. For some people, physiological factors like the hormone, and genetics affect the growth of beard. Whereas for others, external factors like lifestyle and accident could be the culprit. Whatever be the cause of less hair growth, it is now possible to treat the condition with the best dermatologist in Chandigarh.
What Are the Types of Beard Hair Transplant?
Dr. Harmandeep Sidhu is an expert in FUE beard hair transplant.
FUE hair transplant involves minimal surgery, quick recovery time and minimal scarring on the donor area. The regrowth results are best with FUE as each follicle is taken out individually with least damage.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): In this type of hair transplant, hair is extracted as a follicular unit from a donor area. It is then transplanted to the beard. The donor area is most likely to be the backside of the head where the hair grows thick.
The main advantage of FUE is that the procedure does not leave any scar. Only small white patches appear on the face after the procedure. Moreover, the procedure takes only 10 minutes to complete. Thus, you do not have to spend a lot of time in the clinic.
The FUE transplant involves the following procedure
- The donor area is shaved and cleaned with an antiseptic. Anesthesia is given so that the patient does not feel any pain.
- Follicular units are then extracted from the donor area using microneedles. Several follicular units are extracted for transplant.
- The follicular units are then fixed on small holes in the recipient area from where new hair grows.
Who Can Undergo Beard Hair Transplant?
Any person can do beard hair transplant. Usually, the beard transplant is done by those
- Who have undergone a trauma or surgical procedure on their face.
- Who has suffered medical conditions like cancer and alopecia areata.
- Who is genetically predisposed to less hair growth.
Those who are suffering from lifestyle conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure are not the right candidates for a beard transplant. Similarly, if you suffer from any ailment of heart, then also you are not a good candidate for a beard hair transplant.
What Are the Benefits of Beard Hair Transplant?
- Beard hair transplant is done under local anesthesia. Thus, it is not painful. The only discomfort you feel is a small, pinching sensation.
- The whole procedure can be done in an hour. Thus, the patient need not have to spend time in the clinic.
- The recovery time for beard hair transplant is very less.
- Since the hair is taken from your body, the transplanted hair provides a natural look.
- Beard hair transplant does not have any side effect and you do not have to worry about the procedure affecting your health.
- Once the scar is healed and the beard grows, you can groom it the way you like.
- There is no need for any lifestyle changes after a beard hair transplant. But it is advisable not to venture out in the sun at least for two weeks after the procedure.
What are the Drawbacks of Beard Hair Transplant?
- For the transplant, hair is taken from the backside of the head. Thus, it might leave scar marks on the head. But it can easily be covered with the remaining hair.
- The hair that is transplanted sheds a few weeks after the procedure. This is just a natural phenomenon. New hair starts growing a few months after the treatment. Thus, you may not be able to see an instant result for the treatment.
Is a Beard Transplant Obvious to Others?
In beard transplant since your own hair is taken for the transplant, it looks quite natural. Thus, others will not be able to make out that you have done the transplant unless you tell them.
Why Athena Skin Clinic for Beard Hair Transplant?
- Athena Skin Clinic is run by the best skin specialist in Chandigarh, Dr. Harmandeep Sidhu M.D. Skin & V.D. With more than 12 years of experience in dermatology and cosmetic surgery, you are assured of the best service in town.
- The international standard is followed in all procedures right from the beginning till the end. The state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Those who are undergoing beard hair transplant can have a face-to-face consultation with Dr. Harmandeep Sidhu M.D. Skin & V.D. All your queries and doubts regarding the procedure can be cleared hands-on. We ensure confidentiality in all matters.
- We understand the value of time. Thus, we complete the entire procedure in less than 10 minutes. You can resume your work or other activities without any delay.
- We have well-trained nurses who can handle all the needs of our patients. They ensure that you stay comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Beard hair transplant is generally an expensive procedure. But we, at Athena Skin Clinic, offer the procedure for a reasonable amount. Thus, it is highly cost-effective.
Now finding the best hair transplant in Chandigarh is rather easy. All you have to do is to walk-in to our clinic and let us know your requirement. We ensure that you leave our premises happy and contended.