What is skin aging?
As we grow older, our body also “matures” and shows signs of aging. This is due to the internal changes in the genes that determine the effects on our skin and is known as “intrinsic aging”. Another factor that brings on aging process is external agents like prolonged exposure to sunlight, erratic lifestyle and environment. These are termed as “extrinsic aging”.
In either of the cases, your face and body starts losing its youthfulness and skin loses its elasticity and suppleness, causing fine lines and wrinkles, which are typical signs of aging. The skin becomes dry, thin and saggy as the inner bone structure starts shrinking, hence withdrawing frame support to facial as well as body skin.
How to prevent premature aging?
Internal aging is a natural process and gradually progresses. There is nothing much that can be done about this type of aging but to resort to medical means to rectify it as it appears. However, the external aging process can be totally controlled by following sensible lifestyle and using preventive measures
Let us help you regain your youthful look
Regain Your Natural Glow and Ageless Face
There are numerous ways to keep premature aging at bay:
- Avoid going out in the extreme heat of the sun too often and exposing the skin to UV radiation.
- Apply a good quality sunscreen lotion that protects from UV rays.
- Develop a healthy eating habit and club it with adequate intake of water. This keeps the skin hydrated and prevents it from drying and cracking.
- Refrain from alcohol and smoking.
- Try and cover your body in clothing as much as possible for all unavoidable daytime errands. For the exposed areas, apply sunscreen lotion as protector.
- Exercise daily to enhance blood circulation, which is vital to keep the cells active and alive.
- Dirt and grime can block the pores and hinder the natural skin breathing process. So cleanse your face at least twice a day and more so when you sweat.
- A good moisturizing cream or lotion can help retain the natural cell moisture and giving it a youthful look.
- Try to sleep on your back instead of sides or front, in order to prevent crumpling the skin by pillow contact, as this causes fine sleep lines, which eventually get etched as wrinkles.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions like frowning, etc as they make a groove under the skin every time the muscle moves and this in turn result in fine lines. Over a period, as the skin loses its elasticity, it stops springing back to fill in and smoothen the facial lines, thus causing wrinkles.
- Skin aging is due to both internal as well as external factors.
- External factors can be controlled by sensible living style.
- Using proper clothing to cover maximum portion of body, hat to cover the face, sunscreen lotion to protect the exposed areas of body reduces the risk of “photoaging” or aging due to exposure to sun.
- Healthy, balanced diet and plenty of water consumption retards aging process.